Four-star app provides helpful aid to students

EasyBib
[/media-credit] Some students could not have gone far with their homework without the EasyBib app

The EasyBib app is mainly used to find sources or pre-generated bibliographies from many novels, news sources or essays. Users of the app can use bibliographies in three styles; the Modern Language Association (MLA), American Psychological Association (APA) and Chicago styles.

When citing a book, a search can be done through searching for the book’s title or by scanning its barcode. Once the bibliography is selected, it can be sent via email to the user.

EasyBib received a four-star rating on the iTunes Store due to a lack of features, but helpful for finding sources for a specific novel.

English teacher Amy Deffenbacher has never heard of the app before. But due to the information she received, she recommends this app to her students.

“I think because of documentation being so specific and being something that students struggle with; I think having this app {EasyBib} is helpful,” Deffenbacher said, “especially when we are encouraging students to use digital devices more often. I would recommend having this app for my students for formatting documentation in writing, properly.”

Elora Hargis, ’14, uses the EasyBib app for easy use. She thinks the ability of the app makes her citing easier to complete.

“I like the app because its easily accessible,” Hargis said. “It makes citing easier for formatting for you to make things easier. I would definitely recommend this app to students especially for doing research papers. It is also helpful for going into college, especially for the seniors.”

Ashley Garcia, ’16, loves using this app for resourcing her works cited pages. She is grateful for using this app.

“EasyBib is so amazing and resourceful,” Garcia said. “It honestly helps me with all of my works cited pages and I am so grateful for it. It is also very easy to use.”

I think because of documentation being so specific and being something that students struggle with; I think having this app is helpful, especially when we are encouraging students to use digital devices more often. –Amy Deffenbacher

Some students could not have gone far with their homework without the EasyBib app, like Alyssa Oakley, ’16. Without the recommendation of the app, she would not know how to format a work cited page.

“I love it {EasyBib} because I would never know how to do work cited pages without this app,” Oakley said. “I think work cited pages are important because it would be plagiarizing without it, so this app is helpful for that.”

The EasyBib app is rated four out of five stars on the AppStore and is available for purchase at no cost.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @mattgarza2017.

For more news, read the Feb. 21 article, BRIEF: 1,000 words photography competition to be held Feb. 17-March 7.