Campus grows through Christ, fellowship

brownandeffanbaucher
[/media-credit] Superintendent Jeremy Brown explains his purpose for coming to Fresno Christian.

For the last five weeks, I have been trying to figure out who “we” are. I have witnessed great acts of love, kindness, devotion and dedication from the staff and students of Fresno Christian (FC).

Everyday I see a collection of students that represent the church of today; students that are committed to achieving great things. I am continually amazed at the environment that we have at FC.

However, that does not answer my question of who “we” are. Putting the ingredients for a cake in a bowl doesn’t make it a cake. It takes the interaction of the ingredients, time, interaction of the ingredients and the right environment (425 degrees) for it to become a cake.

My job at FC is to support the staff in providing an excellent Christ-centered education for the over 460 students at FC. Amy Deffenbacher, Dean of Students, and I both have a calling. This calling is not to make FC what we want, but to create the environment for our student body and community to fulfill God’s plan for us.

I could fill The Feather with 1,000s of words that would describe what I would like to do and then create a 15-point plan to do so. That is not God’s plan; he created all of us uniquely with quirks, personalities, strengths, weaknesses, passions and desires.

God has brought each of us through good times, bad times, times of mourning, times of loss, times of change and times of hope. We are all here at this time and it isn’t by chance.

Every student, staff and faculty at FC is uniquely created by God. What brings us together is our purpose. I invite our FC community to join Deffenbacher and I in seeking out what is God’s purpose for FC in this season. Your season. I see you walking onto campus and you are a catalyst of change in our school, our churches, our community, our city and our world. I am humbled to be a part of it.

Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.

For more opinions, read the Sept. 10 article, Junior exploits journalism connections, earns Ivy league education.