BREAKING: Auction donations to be delivered to office’s

FC puts on an annual auction to help raise money for the school each year around the Spring time and this year’s will be held March 15.. In doing so, the school is able to provide necessities to both the students and faculty when needed.

The event will be held in the FC gym and will begin at 5:30 p.m. Donations for the evening will be accepted through the end of the day, March 14. Donations can be given to the Central Office in building 5 or in the main office in building 6.

The night will consist of both silent and live auction segments. The silent auction will consist of gift certificates, services and desserts. Steak dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m. followed by the live auction at 7:30 p.m. Executive Director of Christian Business Men’s Connection (CBMC), Tom Sommers will be the night’s guest emcee.

The purpose of the auction is to raise as much money for the school as possible and to raise awareness in the community. The 2014 goal is 100K, $10,000 more than the 2013 event.

Superintendent, Debbie Siebert speaks about the auction and the funds the school hopes to receive through this annual event.

“We usually hope to clear around $90,000 but this year we are hoping for at least $100,000,” Siebert said. “It’s bittersweet, saying goodbye is hard. I’ve been doing this for 25 years, it’s been a big part of my life. But when the Lord calls you in and then calls you out you know.”

Follow The Feather via twitter: @thefeather.