Feather in The City, Day 2 (38 PHOTOS, VIDEO)

After a full night’s rest and the first day of the group’s endeavors in the Big Apple, they held high hopes for the new full day and what it offered.

To start off the morning they began their walking tour through Times Square to Bryant Park located next to the New York Public Library. From there the group visited the famous Grand Central Station which contained an underground shopping mall and fresh market. Next up was the New York Public Library famous for its architecture/ceiling, which attracts many directors to shoot movies there.

For lunch the group was allowed to venture out into Rockefeller Center to shop and find something to eat. Once in the Rockefeller Center, the group took a tour of Radio City Music Hall and interviewed a Rockette.

Multimedia Anchor Callista Fries, ’15, veteran to the trip, enjoyed touring the Radio City Music Hall even after having already done it before.

“Going to the Radio City Music Hall was my favorite thing to do, I used to be a dancer, so seeing the Rockettes was pretty awesome,” Fries said. “I must admit that being outside was definitely the worst part about today because it was so cold. This year is different because there are more people but we mostly do the same things we did last year, but it?s all still really fun.”

Before dinner the group was permitted to walk around SoHo and Little Italy and shop while waiting for an early dinner at La Nonna before heading back to the hotel to dress for the Broadway show. To finish off the night, the group attended Les Miserables, a top Broadway show.

German foreign exchange student Patrick Schmitt, guest to the journalism staff and hosted by staffer Ethan Andrews, has enjoyed his time in New York, especially taking notice of the Les Miserables Broadway show.

“I was excited because I love to meet new people and Ethan told me that you guys were a weird group and I thought I would fit in, plus I really wanted to see New York,” Schmitt said. “Les Miserables was by far my favorite thing we?ve done thus far, and my least favorite being the not very good breakfast I had this morning.”

Follow The Feather via twitter: @thefeather. These writers can be reached via twitter: @_sarapeterson @gaby_siqueiros.