Meet and greet superintendent-elect

FC has hosted two meet and greet sessions with Superintendent-elect Jeremy Brown. These sessions have given parents, grandparents, and even students the chance to sit down and have informal discussions with the schools new leader.

Earlier in March, two sessions were held giving people the opportunity to get to know Superintendent Brown, including March 22. Among the attendees were parents and other supporters of the school.

At the meeting, concerns and opinions about the school’s future and well-being were voiced.

This type of forum gives opportunities for different points of view and discussion amongst the body of FC. Perspective parents and current families are encouraged to voice their concerns and support while listening to Brown share his vision for the school.

Many parents attended the earlier meetings in hopes of getting to know Superintendent Brown. Susie Dooman, mother of junior, John Dooman, shared her thoughts on the meet and greet.

“I really enjoyed listening to Mr. Brown speak,” Dooman said. “I think that his philosophies will enhance the environment at Fresno Christian. His beliefs about the curriculum and ways to boost enrollment really intrigued me. I believe the changes that will be made at the school will be for the better.”

Superintendent Brown will hold more meet and greet sessions as the school year continues. Two meetings are scheduled on April 26, 2014: 9-10:30 a.m. and 6-7:30 p.m. Both will be held in the Student Ministry Center (Ground Zero).

“I am really excited to start being a part of the Fresno Christian community,” Brown said. “Fresno Christian has a long history of equipping young people to love the world as Jesus commanded us. I simply get to grow a great tradition that was started by Mrs. {Debbie} Siebert and others before her.”

This author can be reached via Twitter: @beal_trevor. Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.

For more News, read the March 31 article BRIEF: Superhero Sadies sends students to Discovery Kingdom.