Powder Puff sparks competition between classes

The annual FC Powder Puff football game will be held on the FC north field at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, May 9. Each grade will assemble a team of girls which will participate in a game of flag football against other classes.

The first round will consist of seniors against freshman and juniors versus sophomores. The second and final round will be the winners playing against each other and the losing teams will compete against one another. At the end the champions will receive a trophy for their victory.

Senior Katie Uribe has yet to participate in Powder Puff and looks forward to the upcoming games.

“I don’t exactly enjoy playing football, but I want to play Powder Puff because it looked really fun and I missed out last year,” Uribe said. “I like to take people out, even though I’m pretty sure I’ll get knocked out, it’ll be worth it.”

Sophomore Alexis Kalugin feels that it was a mistake to miss powderpuff last year and is looking forward to trying it out this year.

“I didn’t play Powder Puff last year, but I saw pictures and was really bummed that I missed out,” Kalugin said. “I really look forward to playing a fun game of football and getting to know some people better.”

Freshmen Powder Puff coach Julian Castro is hopeful about the upcoming games and pleased with the positive feedback from his class.

“I know that we play the seniors first, and I actually think that we have somewhat of a chance,” Castro said. “I’m surprised at how many girls wanted to play and we have quite a bit of talent. I think it’s going to be more funny and fun, whereas real football is very serious.”

Junior Powder Puff quarterback Ivette Ibarra is excited for the competition and hoping for a three-peat.

“After last years experience, where we won the championship game, Powder Puff has become one of my favorite high school experiences,” Ibarra said. “I’m so excited for this year’s game, I know the junior class will be amazing and dominate the senior class.”

These writers can be reached via Twitter: @_sarapeterson @gaby_siqueiros. Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.

For more news, read the April 22 article, BreakAway challenges students to service.