Get to Know: Annalise Rosik

In this edition of “Get to Know,” staff writer Trevor Beal, ’13, interviews senior Annalise Rosik.

Senior year is the last chance for many students to represent a school in an organized sport. This drives some students to be better at a sport that they love or try a new one.

Soccer has always been the first love of Annalise Rosik ,’14, but she also enjoys track and field. Rosik has participated in track since her freshman year. She has focused on the triple jump and relay competitions.

Athletics do not dominate Rosik’s everyday life, she spends just as much time studying and reviewing her class material as she does working on her athletic abilities.

Beal: What made you take interest in track?

Rosik: My freshman year there were a lot of cool upperclassmen that I wanted to get to know, and Ashley Erickson really encouraged me to be apart of the team in high school. I had done track before in Junior High but I joined mostly because the team that year was great.

Beal: Are you hoping to obtain a scholarship in track?

Rosik: I’m not looking to continue track in college next year. My talent level just isn’t high enough to compete at that level.

Beal: What is it like to be a senior on the track team?

Rosik: This year as a senior on the team, I definitely feel more responsibility to perform and give my best everyday in practice. I want to encourage everyone on tough days, and motivate them to push themselves. Hopefully I demonstrate perseverance through my actions.

Beal: What challenges have you faced in training for your events this year?

Rosik: Since I mainly do jumping events and FC doesn’t have a jumping facility it is hard for me to setup my jumping practice. Our relay team is all new this year and we have had to learn how to gel and work with one another.

Beal: What are your goals for this track season?

Rosik: Even though it will be difficult I am going to try and break the school triple jump record. With limited practice it may be a long shot, but breaking the record would make my season!

The track season is coming to a close so be sure to check out the team at the West Sequoia League championship track meet in fowler this coming Wednesday.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @beal_trevor. Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.

For more features, read the April 25 article Laser pointers pose dangers, lead to felonies.