Student Leadership: Plans a new week

FCSLogo
[/media-credit] As the new week starts, student leadership starts to continue working on school activities, including the first school rally for the football and the girl’s tennis teams, Sept. 5.
As the new week starts, student leadership starts to continue working on school activities, including the first school rally for the football and the girl’s tennis teams, Sept. 5. Freshmen class will be burnt orange, Sophomores will be purple, Juniors will be blue, the Seniors will be red.

To earn points for your class wear your class assigned colors and be enthusiastic. In order to earn extra points, students who dress as a Ninja Turtle will gain extra points for their class; at the end of the rally the winning classes reward will be candy bars.

The first home football game is against Coast Union at 7 p.m. Following the football game, will be the first fifth quarter in the Peoples Church gym. Students will have to pay four dollars to get in and eight dollars for parents. Make sure to be in the Nuthouse at any game and wear your spirit wear!

Leadership is selling lunch every other Fri., lunch will be sold, Sept. 5. The next lunch will be sold, Sept. 19.

The leadership class will be talking about commitment and communication, Sept. 8-12.

In addition to the two qualities they are learning, the students will be reading short children’s book to help them with their public speaking. Leadership students will also be working on learning how to introduce a speaker or any special person.

Brooklynn Ainley,’17, a FC leadership student, thinks that learning how to public speak will help her to speak in front of large crowds.

“I think it is a good idea for everyone to learn how to public speak.” Ainley said. “You never know what you’ll do in the future but no matter what you do public speaking will be useful.”

The FC volleyball team will be playing at home against Sierra High School, Sept. 9. JV will begin to play at 5 p.m. and varsity will be playing at 6 p.m. Come support our Lady Eagles in the FC gym.

The high school football team will be playing against Anzar High School at 7 p.m., Sept. 12. After the game will be a fifth quarter, location to be announced. Girls tennis will be playing Dos Palos at Dos Palos at 4 p.m., Sept. 9

Kylie Bell,’16, a girls tennis player, has been playing since she was very little and it had always been a sport she is great in. She played this year so she could build relationships with other girls at FC in addition to it being her second year at school.

“Most of the girls have never played before and I think the team can improve by helping each other learn new skills.” Bell said. “The competition has been tough this year but the team has been doing very well. By the end of the year I would like the team to become more skilled than when they started and I encourage the team to grow together as teammates and friends.”

Also follow  Leadership via Instagram: @fcleadership_, Twitter: @vbelmont3. This writer can be reached via Twitter: @sbbelmont.

For more announcements, read the Aug. 29, Student Leadership: Speaks out.