Lifer gives advice, reminisces on campus experiences

With the school year coming to the end, seniors begin to look back on all the years of high school and the memories that came with them. Students are usually recognized for their dedication both in academics and athletics; however, some have been able to avoid the spotlight even though they have been involved in so much this year.

A perfect example of this is senior Aliciana Quintana. While being cast as the leading lady in our schools first musical, Bye Bye Birdie, she was invited to the California CIF State Meet for Cross Country, an honor only a few high school students receive.

Her favorite memory of this year however, is performing Bye Bye Birdie with her fellow classmates.

?Although I had such a blast with everyone during my time in cross country, nothing could beat Bye Bye Birdie,? Quintana said. ?The fact that we pulled off such a difficult musical in such a short amount of time is amazing and I was so blessed to be apart of it.?

Although Quintana was a big part of drama class by being a lead in the spring production, sports was also a huge part of her high school experience.

?I?ve been in track every year and I?ve done cross country during sophomore year and this year,? Quintana said. ?Getting to spend so much time with my teammates was awesome and some of my favorite memories of high school have been from those sports.

Quintana will be staying in Fresno after graduation and will attend Willow International. Though she is excited about graduating, she will miss the campus atmosphere.

?So many people complain about our school, saying it?s too strict and things like that, but I love it,? Quintana said. ?Where else could you become so close with your classmates and teachers like we can here? We became a big family over these four years of high school and I will dearly miss it.?

Being a lifer at Fresno Christian, Quintana knows this school inside and out, so she hopes that she can pass on some knowledge that she has gained over the years to some of the younger students.

?Being at Fresno Christian allows you to get involved, unlike other schools where there is so many people that it?s too difficult to even try out for something, like music or sports,? Quintana said. ?Take advantage of this, go out for sports, join drama or choir class, have fun, get out there and be apart of the school.?

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @Robbie_J24. Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.

For more features, read the May 7 Food, entertainment adds lively atmosphere to Cinco de Mayo article.