Class of ’14 travels to SoCal, enjoys last weekend

After finishing the last academic days of their high school career, the class of 2014 embarked on the annual Senior Trip, May 15-17. The some 50 students and chaperones trebled to Southern California after departing at 7 a.m. from the school, May 15.

After reviewing rules and itinerary, the bus headed towards Santa Monica where the students are lunch and toured the boardwalk. Following that, the group checked in to their hotel at the Embassy Suits.

The first night needed with the group attending the Los Angeles Angels versus the Tampa Bay Rays where everyone received hats and shirts featuring left fielder Mike Trout.

Senior Kaitlyn King enjoyed the trip because of the time she spent with her peers, celebrating their accomplishments.

“Senior Trip for me was much anticipated,” King said. “I was looking forward to it all year. I had a blast with my friends and classmates. For me it was the perfect way to end my senior year.”

The following day was the highlight of many students’ weekend, when the class arrived at Disneyland for a full day of rides, food, and entertainment.

Senior Adam Loughney loved making memories with his friends in the happiest place on earth.

“Well my favorite part of the trip was going on rides with friends and hanging out in Disneyland, Loughney said. “And I think that is important for the seniors to take this trip together because it is the last time we get to do something as a class before everyone goes their separate ways.”

Following an exhausting day at the park, the students slept in before visiting Huntington Beach for a few hours. The seniors also dined at a tepanaki restaurant before attending a community theater showing The Music Man.

For many this final day was a relaxing, well-deserved vacation before finally graduating high school. Senior Katie Uribe especially liked this portion of the trip.

“They kept us busy the whole time with fun activities that allowed us to actually enjoy ourselves and not make us feel like we were actually on a field trip,” Uribe said. “It felt like a well deserved vacation. My favorite part of the senior trip was probably the Huntington Beach because it was really relaxed and breezy. We were able to explore in a perfect amount of time and then go to a nice dinner and a play.”

Overall the class enjoyed a fun-filled weekend that allowed them to bond as a class before moving away and out of touch.

“I think it was a good trip to take because we get away from home for a while with a well deserved break and a celebration of our accomplishment of finishing high school,” Uribe said. “It was so fun and interesting. It was just a great way to end the school year. And an even better way to end our high school career.”

This author can be reached via Twitter: @TyninFries. Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.

For more features, read the May 13 article, How to: Stain removal.