Featured app: RETRY

380x286_369
[/media-credit] The whole object of the game is to dodge items. However, this time, instead of dodging pipes, the user is avoiding the ground, rocks, and even the clouds.

App Gains influence through addictive qualities

RETRY is a gaming app that will draw users in with addictive gameplay. RETRY is very similar to the infamous Flappy Bird in game mechanics, having the same “Tap to fly” controls that most iPhone gamers are used to in newer games. Though RETRY is a new game, it has side scrolling pixelated graphics, drawing more similarities to Flappy Bird.

The whole object of the game is to dodge items. However, this time, instead of dodging pipes, the user is avoiding the ground, rocks, and even the clouds! The law of physics are the only thing that can save you during gameplay. Throughout the levels, gamers inhabit a plane with very limited range of motion.

Even though this game is very similar to other games on the market, it takes the frustration and addictive gameplay to a whole new level. Level 11, that is, specifically Rovio Level11. This hot new game has brought the creators of the hit game Angry Birds a glorious comeback.

This game is named after what users do multiple times per level: retry. The app offers different stages that players can unlock, which is one of the beloved aspects of the app that distinguishes RETRY from many other retro-style games. After completing a level that comes easy, the levels get harder, and harder, until users finally throw their phones in a “rage quit” and then pick up their newly cracked phones in another attempt to defeat the level.

Even though this game is very similar to other games on the market, it takes the frustration and addictive gameplay to a whole new level. Level 11, that is, specifically Rovio Level11. This hot new game has brought the creators of the hit game Angry Birds a glorious comeback.–Jared Coppola

Instead of rating players on their high scores, this game rates on a basis of far you have made it in the game. In other words, instead of saying, “I have a high score of 83,” players can compare skill by saying, “I?ve passed level 27.” This follows the style of the top grossing game, Octagon.

Nearly any player can come to love this game. It provides entertaining gameplay, as well as old-fashioned pixelated graphics and simple gameplay mechanics. Critics appreciate how the airplane isn’t limited to an up and down motion, but also does loops and can even fly backwards. The game goes so far as to tie in water mechanics and moving obstacles. The individual levels also change themes, including everything from a fossil excavation site to bodies of water to castles. Best of all, it?s free!

For more featured apps, check out Featured App: goREACT, Molecules, VSB chemistry.

Follow the Feather via Twitter and Instagram; @thefeather and @thefeatheronline. This writer can be reached via Instagram: @Jareds_the_name.

For more features, read the Dec. 1 article, Santa’s elves return to the North Pole with Operation Santa.