BRIEF: Fresno county college fair inform students, Sept. 10

CollegeFair1
[/media-credit] Students will have the opportunity to participate in the Fresno County College Fair (FCC), Sept. 10 at 6 p.m.

Students will have the opportunity to participate in the Fresno County College Fair (FCC), Sept. 10 at 6 p.m. The fair will be located at the Fresno Convention Center in Downtown Fresno. Those interested in learning more about their college options are encouraged to attend.

FCC will be hosting this event and will provide over 100 vocational colleges, (California State University) CSU campuses, community colleges, (University of California) UC colleges, and private universities that will give information and financial aid. It is open for all students in grades 8th through 12th.

Academic Advisor Michelle Warkentin recommends all students to attend the college fair. She wants to use this event to advise students for their college planning, including potential career choices.

I am interested in going to the college fair because I would like to receive more information about various schools. I’m looking for small to medium sized colleges that do engineering that’s more local in the state. –Aaron DeWolf, ’15

“The purpose of the FCC College Fair is to expose students and their parents to various public and private colleges from all over the state,” Warkentin said. “Students can talk to admissions representatives to learn more about the institutions and the programs they offer. I think students should take advantage of this college night because it is a free event that will allow them to compare colleges side by side and ask important questions about what each college has to offer.”

Senior Kim Ward is interested in attending the college fair. She thinks that this event is a good idea for her interest in Kinesiology.

“I’m interested in going because I’m looking for a college in California that is diverse in Kinesiology,” Ward said. “Soccer, basketball, and football are the main sports I want to work with.”

Due to receiving information about the FCC College Fair, Aaron DeWolf, ’15, is also interested in going to the event. Since he is focusing on his future, he thinks that this will help determine the college he would like to attend.

“I am interested in going to the college fair because I would like to receive more information about various schools,” DeWolf said. “I’m looking for small to medium sized colleges that do engineering that’s more local in the state.”

For directions to the college fair, check out the map via Google Maps. Parking will be $7, cash only.

For more information about the college fair, contact Michelle Warkentim via email [email protected] or check out the Fresno County Office of Education.

For more news, read the Sept. 5 article, BRIEF: It’s rally time!

This writer can be reached via Twitter @mattgarza2017. Follow The Feather on Twitter @thefeather.