New season, new lineup; Eagles prepare for first home game (VIDEO)

Kickoff
[/media-credit] FC Eagles gather together to support first home football game against Coast Union High School.
The football field is freshly cut and all ready to go. Football season is here for the FC Eagles, which means students are rallying up for the first big game of the season.

The Eagles will play Coast Union High School on the FC football field at 7 p.m., Sept. 5. The entrance gates will be posted by the front of the gym as well as on the Alluvial fence entrance off of the North Field. The game tickets are $4 for children and $6 for adults. FC students get in free with their student IDs. Student leadership is sellling tri-tip sandwiches during the game from the Meat Market.

After the football game, studetns will celebrate with an after game Fifth Quarter and pizza pary hosted in the PC gym. It’s a opportunity for students to fellowship together after the game. There will be desserts, beverages and interactive games provided.

Junior Kylie Bell, enjoys hanging out after the game at fifth quarter with her friends and football team.

“Not only do I like cheering in the student section but I also look forward to after the game.” Bell said. “I like how students and football players can hang out after the game at 5th quarter. It’s a chance for students to enjoy each others company outside of school.”

Over the summer, the players have conditioned and practiced to prepare for the new season. Football coach Mick Fuller, says that this year will include building both maturity and trust.

“We have lost some pivotal players who led the team physically emotionally and spiritually, new players are stepping in to fill those roles,” Fuller said. “It is an ongoing process of growth throughout the season. Over the course of the season I expect to see the boys come together and trust each other to play at a high level of achievement that they can be proud of.”

Running back Slater Wade, ’17, is proud to play on Friday on the home field and has great hopes for the upcoming season.

“This year I strive to be the best running back I can be and for God,” Wade said. “I am not nervous to play our first game because I trust my team to do well for each other. I want my team to succeed and receive rings this year.”

For more information contact the athletic office at (559) 299-1695 ext.123

Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather. This writer can be reached via Twitter: @jennypenny8835.

For more news, read Aug. 27 article, Block schedule affects campus atmosphere.