BRIEF: Local burger grill offers support to school, Oct. 16

Screen Shot 2014-10-15 at 10.06.23 AM
[/media-credit] The Habit Burger Grill will be donating 20 percent of their earnings to FC on Oct. 16.

It is always a pleasure to have a local business from the Clovis or Fresno area support our school. The Habit Burger Grill will be donating 20 percent of their earnings to FC upon presentation of an official flyer, on Oct. 16 from 10:30-10 p.m.

Having a wide variety of food selections ranging from the classic burger to tri-tip sandwiches, The Habit is local favorite.

Junior Sierra Duffy, has been a long time fan of the restaurant and shared her thoughts on the quality of their food.

“I went to the Habit for the first time a few years ago,” Duffy said. “They have pretty good burgers and sandwiches. My favorite thing on the menu, though, is their milkshakes.”

Opening their doors for the first time in 1969 in Santa Barbara, The Habit was an instant hit. It has become a nationally recognized establishment with locations all over the country.

It is really cool that the Habit is giving some of their money to our school. By showing generosity like that, it will help improve their status among the community. In the end it is a win-win situation because our schools receives part of the proceeds and the Habit builds a stronger fan base. –Daniel Ayers, ’14.

Sophomore Daniel Ayers, showed interest in the Habit’s generosity and explained why he believed that it is important for local businesses to reach out and support their surrounding schools.

“It is really cool that the Habit is giving some of their money to our school,” Ayers said. “By showing generosity like that, it will help improve their status among the community. In the end it is a win-win situation because our schools receives part of the proceeds and the Habit builds a stronger fan base.”

If you would like to participate in helping support our school, pick up a flyer in front of the high school office and present it to the person at the counter when you order. Click, download and print The Habit flyer here. This offer is only valid Oct. 16, so hurry and pick up or print a flyer today.

For more news, read the Oct. 14 article, BRIEF: Career education night gives practice to prospective professionals.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @J0sh_Carter.