Volleyball sport shorts: Fowler

VOLLEYBALL SPORT SHORTS, 2014
For a preview to the Eagles volleyball season and a look at their scores so far, check out the Fall sport box scores, 2014, for dates, scores, and all fall sports.

Also, please be sure to check out the Eagles’ schedule for the upcoming season at Max Preps. FC is currently 14-9 overall and 1-5 in the Central Sierra League as of Oct. 28. FC’s next game will be on Oct. 30, as the Eagles play at home against the Minarets Mustangs for senior night.

Jenny-Fowler
[/media-credit] FC traveled to Fowler High School, Oct. 28, hoping to gain their second league win.

FC loses 3-1 to the Fowler Redcats, Oct. 28

FC traveled to Fowler High School, Oct. 28, hoping to gain their second league win.

The Redcats played short a few of their starters in the first set, the Eagles took advantage and won the set, 25-19.

With their whole team playing, the Eagles faced a larger challenge than they had anticipated. The Redcats took the Eagles by surprise winning the set, 25-8.

The Eagles stepped it up and played with increased intensity and power in the third set, however still losing the match 25-23.

It was do or die for the Eagles in the fourth set, starting off behind, the Eagles came back and managed a lead. Soon after the Redcats responded with a few good runs and gained the lead late into the set. The Eagles were unable to come back, losing the set, 25-21 and the match ended 3-1.

Senior Ashley Garcia is disappointed that they lost, but believes they played hard and gave them a run for their money.

“Yeah it sucks that we lost but we competed with them and it was fun knowing we were neck and neck with them for the majority of the match.” Garcia said. “Hopefully in last few games we can be capable of taking the win and not making silly mistakes.”

Head coach John Penberthy believes the team could have cut down on their errors and capitalized on the runs they got.

“We just had errors at all the wrong times and we really could have improved on our serving,” Penberthy said. “They did well, but there is no doubt in my mind that we could have played much better than we did.”

Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather. This writer can be reached via Twitter: @gaby_siqueiros.