Campus halls star Hollywood dress up days: 'Merica Monday (VIDEO)

Homecoming week is finally here so let the dress up days begin! The festivities begin with ‘Merica Monday, anything red, white or blue will do!

Cole Nale, ’15, was particularly excited for today’s theme and knew exactly what to wear.

[media-credit id=119 align=”alignright” width=”300″]DressUpDay1[/media-credit]

“I didn’t want to be average and wear just red, white and blue,” Nale said. “I dressed up with an American flag sweater, which is pretty awesome. I also have red jeans and underwear with stars on them, but you can’t exactly see those. Also, I have patriotic socks that look super cool.”

Dillon Owens, ’15, saw ‘Merica Monday more than just a dress up day. He saw it as an opportunity to show his appreciation for the military.

“Today, instead of dressing up in the typical colors, I decided to dress up in my Airman Battle Uniform {ABU},” Owens said. “I wanted to show my gratitude for the army; they fight for our country and risk their lives for our freedom. Most of my family, such as my uncles, was in the Air Force. I have a deep respect for what they do and I plan on enlisting in the Air Force once I graduate high school.”

Kathryn Blankenship, ’17, participated in the festivities, but did not decide to go ‘all out.'”

“I decided to wear something a little more casual and not so crazy,” Blankenship said. “I have a red Stanford sweater with some blue shoes and blue jeans. I like to be comfortable while still participating.”

Brooklyn Barth, ’16, feels it is important to participate in school activities, especially during homecoming week.

“I think participation is really important during homecoming week whether it’s the dress up days, the pageants, or the rally on Friday,” Barth said. “It shows school spirit and the unity of each class.”

All the classes had a pretty good turnout with half or more of the students participating.

Tomorrow’s dress up theme is Tacky Tourist Tuesday. Also, come out and support your homecoming princesses in the Princess Pageant.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @_olivialoren_.

Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.