Campus halls star Hollywood dress up days: Fly Together Friday (VIDEO)

As a homecoming tradition, student leadership plans a different dress up day for the week leading up to the 30th annual homecoming game, Oct. 31. This year’s theme, “A walk down Hollywood Blvd,” coordinates with each day’s specific category. This feature will be updated daily to highlight that day’s costumes and attire.

[/media-credit] As a tradition the last day of homecoming week, the students wear spirit wear to get pumped up for the game and show their Eagle pride.

Monday will be ‘Merica Monday, where students will dress up in all their patriotic garb. Tuesday is set as Tacky Tourist Tuesday where anything you would when you go on vacation. Wednesday will be Wake up Wednesday, allowing students to wake up and wear their pajamas to school. Think A-like Thursday encouraging students to match up with their “Look a-like.” Friday will be the traditional Spirit day where school colors should be worn for the 30th annual FC homecoming.

Check back each day for more information as the week progresses as well as more photos will be added to the slideshow, available at the bottom of each section.

As homecoming week commences, students have one final chance to show off their love for FC. In honor of the homecoming football game against Northwest Christian High School, students are encouraged to show off their FC spirit.

As a tradition the last day of homecoming week, the students wear spirit wear to get pumped up for the game and show their Eagle pride. The majority of the student body participated by wearing various spirit shirts, collected from each student’s collective years attending FC.

New to FC Matthew Oliver, ’18, enjoys seeing the student body show their school spirit and support of FC athletes.

“I dressed up for spirit day because its a good thing to show school spirit. Its great to encourage the school and our athletes,” Oliver said. “It’s fun to see other people happy and showing their involvement in school activities.”

Sophomore PooJan Gopal shares his expectations for his class during the rally and for their homecoming float.

“I dressed up for spirit day to earn points for my class,” Gopal said. “I really want my class to do well during the homecoming week, especially the rally, I would like us to beat all the other classes. I’m excited for the game tonight and to see how our class does with the float.”

Spirit day concludes with a rally in the FC gym at 2:30 p.m. The float set-up will begin immediately after school on the north field service road.

Senior Brooke Wood, looks forward to the seeing how the seniors do their float and how the game goes.

“I dressed up because I think I should support our school and earn points for my class,” Wood said. “Since this is my senior year I want our class to go all out at homecoming with the floats and and dress up days, and I think we’ve done pretty good this year.”

The 2014 homecoming theme is ‘A Walk Down Hollywood Boulevard’ and the game is set for 7 p.m., on the varsity field.

This author can be reached via Twitter: @2015Beal.