Volleyball sport shorts: Minarets

[/media-credit] FC hosted the Minaret Mustangs for their senior night, Oct. 30, hoping play their hardest and compete with the powerhouse Mustangs.

VOLLEYBALL SPORT SHORTS, 2014
For a preview to the Eagles volleyball season and a look at their scores so far, check out the Fall sport box scores, 2014, for dates, scores and all fall sports.

Also, please be sure to check out the Eagles’ schedule for the upcoming season at Max Preps. FC is currently 13-12 overall and 1-7 in the Central Sierra League as of Oct. 30. FC’s next game will be on Nov. 4, as the Eagles visit the Parlier Panthers.
FC loses 3-0 to the Minarets Mustangs, Oct. 30

FC hosted the Minaret Mustangs for their senior night, Oct. 30, hoping play their hardest and compete with the powerhouse Mustangs.

In the first set the Eagles came out hoping to find their rhythm and learn the player’s patterns, however, the Mustang momentum could not be stopped and the set was lost 25-16.

With patterns identified and one set behind them, the Eagles came out ready to fight hard. Despite the adjusted defense and dedication, the Mustang offense was clean and well executed, winning them the set ,25-11.

In the third set the Eagles came out with passion and intensity hoping to go out with a bang despite the misfortune of the previous two sets. The Eagles adjusted their defense to the Mustang offense and played their best set of the match. However, still losing to the back to back Valley Champions, 25-17.

Senior Ivette Ibarra, is disappointed in losing the match but is happy to have played with passion in her last home game.

“Obviously I would’ve loved to win on my senior night, but we weren’t able to come through,” Ibarra said. “All I can say is that I’m still proud of my team, and my fellow seniors, I will always remember this season and moments spent together.”

Senior Ashley Garcia, has mixed emotions about her final game in the FC gym.

“It was bittersweet having our last home game. I’ve always looked up to the seniors and longed to have my own senior night for years, and finally having it felt great,” Garcia said. “It would’ve been nice to win, but I’m glad I had the opportunity to play on my favorite court with some of my best friends for the last time.”

Senior Breanna Jennings, is thankful for having the opportunity to play with her friends and will cherish the memories forever.

“It was fun to start and be recognized for being a senior, but it was sad that it was the last home game that I will have with the team,” Jennings said. “It has been a fun season with the team and I will forever have memories with them.”

Senior Gabriela Siqueiros, is grateful for having the opportunity to play with her friends for so long and watching everyone grow in their skills and abilities.

“It’s been a great ride watching me and the other seniors go from bench buddies to starters,” Siqueiros said. “I’ll never forget how blessed I am to have been a part of this team.”

Gabriela Siqueiros, Features Editor, also contributed to this article.

Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.