Rally sets the stage for 30th homecoming game (PODCAST, VIDEO)

[media-credit id=173 align=”alignright” width=”300″]IMG_7983[/media-credit]

At the end of the day, campus students and teachers alike headed to the FC gym, to wrap up the week with a rally. With the the 30th annual homecoming game against Northwest Christian High School, student leadership organized the rally to celebrate the week’s festivities and pump the campus up, Oct. 31.

From ‘Merica Monday to Fly together Friday, throughout the entire week of homecoming, students participated in dress up days, to show their spirit. Being Fly together Friday students and faculty dressed in spirit attire and FC colors during the rally.

Student leadership worked to improve and revamp this year’s homecoming game. Using this years rally, ASB will encourage students to get pumped up for the game tonight with games and cheers. In the end the seniors won this year’s homecoming rally.

Junior Juliana Rosik and member of student leadership was impressed by the motivation and participation in this year’s campus.

“I think that the class competition definitely motivated people to dress up this week,” Rosik said. “There’s a huge margin between people this year and last year who dressed up. Dress up day is mainly for the campus to have fun and get people ready for homecoming week. Dressing up on school days makes it extra special. This week is unique and extra special for all us.”

Varsity cheer started off by teaching individual cheers to students in each class, sectioned off on the bleachers. Cheers were meant pump students up and promote the game. Sophomore Michael Gibson enjoyed getting to know the cheers during the rally.

“I think everyone did really well at cheering,” Gibson said. “It sort of prepared us for homecoming. Even thought the sophomores lost, I still enjoyed the class competition and the rally as a whole.”

Junior Gillian Rea appreciated how the rally went and hopes to see more like today’s in the future.

“The rally was really exciting and it got everyone pumped up and enthusiastic about tonight,” Rea said. “It really makes me feel good that my entire class and this school are supporting each other and it’s real sense of family that comes through it.”

Classes will also show off their float correlating with the theme of homecoming, using Hollywood movie genres. The seniors will display a western-theme, while the juniors will present a Roaring 20s themed float. The sophomores will provide a 1940s mafia scene theme and the freshmen combined Star Wars and Star Trek idea creating a sci-fi theme for the night.

Senior Trevor Beal hosted the senior class float for the first time this year. Beal’s class was the first float to arrive on the campus, which gave him an opportunity to see the rest of the floats afterwards.

“Compared to passed years, float building for our class has been pretty successful,” Beal said. “The other classes pulled their floats up today and our’s {senior float} is on a completely different level. I’m waiting for half time to see our class win homecoming”

Senior Andrew Guthrie will be playing in the band during the game as well as participating in his float during half time. With the added pressures Guthrie still is excited to be apart of the event this year.

“This game is special because all week we have been practicing for the game,” Guthrie said. “I am going to be on the float as well as in the band so it’s going to be a lot of work, but worth it. We {band} are going to get everyone pumped up with some classic oldies like ‘Smoke on the Water’ and others that students know.”

2014 homecoming involvement (PODCAST) —

Junior Claire Kollenkark and also member of student leadership was encouraged by the effort and participation students gave during the rally even though her class was not named the winner.

“Everyone was super pumped and got into it {rally},” Kollenkark said. “Even though the juniors did not win I was happy that the Seniors won. The purpose of this rally was to pump people up for homecoming. It was extremely loud and one of the best rallies we have had all year.”

As the game starts, homecoming events of the night like court nominations and floats will focus around the topic of Hollywood, with the official theme, ‘A walk down Hollywood Blvd’. The actual game will start at 7 p.m., on the varsity field, but the festivities will commence at 6:30 p.m., starting off with the introduction of the freshman, sophomore and junior princess nominees.

Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather and Instagram: @thefeatheronline. This writer can be reached via Twitter: @_rynnking.

For more on homecoming, read the Oct. 31 article, STORIFY: 30th homecoming begins #FCgoesHollywood. For more features, read the Oct. 30 article, King nominees bust a move (VIDEO).