Journalism excellence requires dedication

As I reflect on four years of high school journalism, I am struck by how much we have accomplished individually and as a staff.

When I first entered Fresno Christian’s program as a freshman staff writer, the newspaper consisted of a monthly publication and a small, infrequently updated website. As I leave, we not only produce a hard copy but also maintain a website that is updated on a daily basis. As of the end of the 2002-03 school year, the site contains almost 500 articles either running or in the archive.

The credit for this accomplishment cannot be given to one person alone. Certainly, without the help and dedication of adviser Greg Stobbe none of these accomplishments would have been made.

In addition, without campus superintendent Tim Wilkins constantly encouraging us to expand our operations we would not have reached the size we are today.

Most of the credit for our success, however, must go to the staff writers and editors that I have had the privilege of working with these past few years. Without their dedication and efforts none of this would have been possible.

As I go away from Fresno Christian, I hope that I have made a positive impact on the school and its people and I wish Alex Elmore, my successor, the best of luck and as many fun times as I have had.