95th Annual Veterans Day Parade (VIDEO)

VeteransDayParade1
[/media-credit] The Fresno Veterans Day Parade is known to be the largest parade west of the Mississippi river, and this year’s 95th annual presentation did not disappoint.
The Fresno Veterans Day Parade is known to be the largest parade west of the Mississippi river, and this year’s 95th annual presentation did not disappoint. Over 200 entrees and 10,000 participants snaked throughout Downtown Fresno with over 20,000 spectators, honoring those who served our country, Nov. 11.

This year’s special honorees were those veterans who served in the Coast Guard and Korean War, along with WWI, WWII and Vietnam. Many different organizations paraded with the veterans as well as countless schools throughout Fresno county.

The 95th Annual Veterans Day Parade began with opening ceremonies beginning at 10:30 a.m. in front of City Hall with many bystanders. The ceremonies included the 21-gun salute, singing the National Anthem and releasing of white doves. With help from The Fresno area Coast Guard auxiliary, Flotilla 10-5, Coast Guard Capt. Edward A. Westfall, a commanding officer based in San Diego, was this year’s Grand Marshall. Shortly following opening ceremonies, Fresno State Marching Band opened the parade.

For more media, watch the Nov. 15 video, National Kindness Day, Nov. 13, 2014 (VIDEO).