BREAKING: Christmas performance tonight

During the trip students will visit the campuses of University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), University of California, Irvine, Vanguard University and one other college yet to be determined.
[/media-credit] Another performance takes off tonight, The Gift of the Magi, put on by the drama department in Ground Zero.

Tonight marks the culmination of a semester of hard work for the majority of Fresno Christian’s Performing Arts Department. This will come in the form of the 2014 Christmas Production taking place at 7 p.m. in the Student Ministry Center (Ground Zero) tonight.

The production will center around a performance of the classic O’Henry play, ‘The Gift of the Magi,’ performed by the FC drama class and starring seniors Caitlin Gaines and Aaron DeWolf in the lead roles of Della and Jim. Running as the center piece of the night, the play will include spurts of narration and will be interspersed with songs performed by the FCHS choir, the JH choir, and the collective Ladies Ensemble.

The Christmas performance will open up with several classic Christmas songs put on by the Eagle band, the jazz band, and percussion and the direction of alumnus David Casuga and Lesley Bannister.

A short intermission in the play will also include a short performance by jazz band and, during the curtain call, the crowd will be treated to another Percussion performance as they applaud the actors and singers.

There will be no price of admission for the performance and all performing members are required to meet at 6:30 p.m. to prepare beforehand. For more reading on tonights performance, see BRIEF: Drama prepares ‘The Gift of the Magi’, Dec. 8.

This writer can be reached via Twitter @nickfontes1.