Boys, girls Garces soccer tournament sport short (Needs Picture)

GIRLS AND BOYS SOCCER SPORT SHORTS, 2014-15
(Scrimmages do not count toward win/loss record. Visit the Sports section for girls’ soccer features). For a simple overview of scores and upcoming games, check the Winter sport box scores, 2013-14, for dates, opponents and times for all Eagle sports.

Be sure to visit the 2014-15 girls and boys soccer schedule, home page, or check out Mapreps.com. FC is currently 0-0 in the West Sequoia League and overall 5-4 as of Dec. 19-20.

Boys, girls Garces soccer tournament sport short, Dec. 19-20

The Garces Holiday Soccer Festival is the largest high school soccer tournament in the world. Both the FC boys and girl’s teams participated in the tournament in the silver B division.

The girl’s first opponent was Delano high school, a team the Eagles had fallen to in the past. The Lady Eagles came out with fire and intensity as the first game was crucial if they wished to compete for a trophy. FC came out with the win 2-0 with goals scored by Olivia Messer and Gaby Siqueiros.

The second day of the tournament the girls faced Centennial JV, a Division I JV team. In order to qualify better than third the Eagles needed to win. Centennial scored the first goal only for the Eagles to counter it by a goal made by Siqueiros. The Eagles then went in to overtime and eventually penalty kicks, however the Eagles were unable to pull out the win.

The Eagles final competition was against Kennedy high school for the third place trophy. The Eagles were prepared for a battle, only to win the game with ease. FC won 3-0 with goals from Jenna Bynum, Olivia Messer and MorgMorgan Koopan Koop.

Similar to the girls, the boys came out ready and eager for a fight, facing a familiar opponent, the Kern Valley Broncs. The Eagles carried possesion of the ball for a majority of the game. Scoring with multi-schooler Davis Borrego, Nick Fontes, and strikers Taylor Howard and Joshua Carter, ending the game, 4-0.

On the second day of the tourney, FC faced a difficult opponent, the Nipomo Titans. The game started off even, yet the Titans pulled ahead because of a lapse within the defense. The Titans scored once again in the second, due to silly mistakes which cost the Eagles dearly. Ending the game with the Eagles now in the fight for third place and Nipomo fighting for first.

The third and final game was against the Gridley Bulldogs. Both teams were tired yet the Eagles had managed to accumulate a multitude of injuries, adding another obstacle to earning a win. The game remained scoreless for a majority of the first half yet the Bulldogs managed to score just before halftime. Due to numerous injuries, the Eagles were forced to sub out several starters and pull the remaining starters into defensive positions. Making a win far from their grasp and in the end, letting go another point and losing once again, 2-0. Placing the Eagles in 4th place, just out of reach of a trophy.

For all scores from the Garces Holiday soccer tournament check out the Garces tournament homepage.