Boys soccer sport shorts: Fowler

BOYS’ SOCCER SPORT SHORTS, 2014-15

(Scrimmages do not count toward win/loss record. Visit the Sports Section for boys’ soccer features). For a simple overview of scores and upcoming games, check the Winter sport box scores, 2014-2015, for dates, opponents and times for all Eagle sports.

Be sure to visit the 2014-15 boys’ soccer schedule, home page, or check out Mapreps.com. FC is currently 0-1 in the West Sequoia League and overall 3-1-7 as of Jan. 13.

Eagles experience a tough loss

Soccer-pic-josh
[/media-credit] Junior and forward leaps forward in an attempt to take a shot on goal.

The Eagles began league facing off the Fowler Redcats and have currently reached the halfway point in their array of games. Teams will now play the same teams once again, now knowing where they stand in league teams hope to prove themselves to make it to the playoffs.

FC played the Redcats once again yet in Fowlers stadium, in the previous game the Eagles lost 1-2 in a close game. Yet this new game turned out a little different; the FC boys soccer team started out flat, causing Fowler to gain the upper hand. Within the first two minutes of the game the Redcats scored with senior and star player No. 5, Hugo Mendez.

This first goal was a sign of what was to come in the first half, the Eagles remained scoreless while the Redcats staked the scoreboard ending the first half 5-0.

In the second half the Eagles came out with their defense strong and ready for another fight. While the Eagles defense had worked out the kinks, the offense still remained unable to score. By the end of the game FC trailed 7-1.

Jordan Castro was disappointed with how the team played but knew that it was just one of those days.

“Our team just couldn’t pull it together,” Castro said. “While unlike us, the Redcats came out on fire and eager to pull a win for their home crowd. Let’s hope that we don’t have another one of these games in the weeks to come.”

For more sports, read the article Boys soccer sport short: Caruthers