Student leadership: 32nd annual FCS auction is March 14

[/media-credit] Student leadership is joining forces with The Feather Online staff to sell Kids Day papers, March 3, and the 32nd annual FCS auction, March 14.
Student leadership is taking a more active role in promoting student involvement throughout this school year. Please return to read about how FC students are actively learning, serving and promoting teen events on and off campus in this weekly article series.

Student leadership is gearing up for three events in the next month: Kids Day, the 32nd annual FCS auction and NOTS.

Kids Day, March 3, all leadership students were required to be at Maple and Alluvial by 4 a.m. The ASB members must be there at 4:30 a.m., and journalism students must be at Cedar and Alluvial by 5 a.m.

Night of the Stars (NOTS) is on March 28 and early bird ticket prices are being extended from March 2 to March 6. After early bird prices of $55 is unavailable tickets will be raised to $60. In order to attend NOTS, a ticket must be purchased. If students desire to go with a date, start asking and buying tickets.

As far as seating goes, seniors will be granted a first row seat. All other students will be given spots based on a first-come-first-serve system. It is recommended that pupils hurry and get seating arranged if they want to claim a desirable spot.

The next special day event will be March 4, Western Day, in which all students are encouraged to dress in anything western themed. As a reward for dressing up, students will be given root beer floats at lunch.

The next event will be March 17, in honor of St. Patrick’s Day. The activity will be a scavenger hunt. The prize students will look for are pots of gold, and once found, they can be brought to the office in exchange for a gift card.

The school’s 32nd annual FCS Auction is coming up on March 14. There will be a competition between all grades to see who brings the most auction items. The rewards granted per item will be listed in the hallway downstairs in Building 5.

Leadership students will be selling raffle tickets at the auction, so look around for any students to buy raffle tickets. At the auction there will be a silent and a live event.

Basketball intramurals took place last week, Feb. 26 and 27. Each team went into the FC gym and played against each team in a type of tournament form or playing. At the end of the event, the winning team contained, Tyler Breedlove, ’16, Justin Houts, ’16, Chris Kollenkark, ’16, and Bailey Brogan, ’16.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @sbbelmont98, Email: [email protected].

For more news, read the March 2 article, BRIEF: Leadership, journalism students to attend Kids Day, March 3.