California Boys Tennis Classic at FCC

tennis
[/media-credit] FC will be participating in the California Boys Tennis Classic, March 6-7. Over 100 high schools all around Central California will contend for first place.
Kicking off the tennis season, FC will be participating in the California Boys Tennis Classic. Boys will be coming from over 100 high schools all around Central California to contend for first place. The FC boys will be practicing with their team and  will take on the other high schools on Friday, March 6.

The FC tennis team will be competing at Fresno City College throughout the day, March 6-7.  FC will be hosting the tournament and will be versing three other teams that day.  FC will be playing against Atwater High School at 8:30 a.m.

Later on in the day at 11:30 a.m., they will take on West Bakersfield High School. Finishing off the day FC will go head to head against Kingsburg High School. The final outcome of the Friday games will be determining where the teams will be scheduled, March 7.

Each team will play five matches, Three matches on Friday and two on Saturday. The matches will consist of three singles and three doubles making a total of nine players. Times for Saturday will be available on the website by 7:30 p.m. on Friday night.

Tennis coach Robert Foshee, talks about his overall thoughts on the tennis tournament tomorrow.

“I think the tournament will be a good practice because a lot of our jv guys, our young guys, will get a chance to play so well know the first match,” Foshee said. “I’m really looking forward to a lot of good matches that well have the opportunity to play. Especially with our one and third players missing. never know but hopefully well as a team step up and I think well have a good chance.”

Senior, Jordan Castro, ’15, talks about his expectations on the tournament.

“I think it a great opportunity for us to practice as a team and get ready for league,” Castro said. “It takes a little bit more endurance since were going to be playing sets as opposed to an 8-game pro set so I expect our team to go out and play hard. I will be playing at the number two position which I’m not really used to but still I’m hoping to play well. As a team I hope we will be able to play well and go against these divisions two and three schools and putting up a fight against them. Its gonna be a lot of tough matches but I think FC will persevere.”

Sophomore, Julian Castro, ’17, shares his thoughts on his first tennis tournament.

“Since this will be my first time playing in a tennis tournament I don’t know but I think I’ve definitely improved from last year so im hoping for the best,” Julian said. “Since im playing in the six im hoping to improve overall as a player and see how I match up against the other more dominant players. As a team I think we will do great since we have such a great team this year.”

Follow The Feather via Twitter @thefeather, Instagram @thefeatheronline and Facebook @thefeatheronline.