FC hits NY: Day 1 (SLIDESHOW, VIDEO)

[/media-credit] Nine Feather editors are traveling to NY to attend and speak at the 91st annual Columbia Scholastic Press Association’s convention. The staff arrives in Times Square ready for a night tour, March 16.

After arriving to San Francisco the night before, a total of nine journalists boarded the plane on Monday, heading to New York, March 16. Editors Rees Rogenstein, Josh Carter, Chloe Mueller, Gaby Siquiros, Ryan King, Callista Fries, Trevor Beal, John Dooman, Sara Peterson and chaperones Angie Fries and adviser Greg Stobbe arrive at the airport around 8 a.m. and will tour that evening as FC hits NY.

The Feather staff will be heading to Columbia University, for the 91st annual CSPA Spring Convention, March, 18-20. Along with being nominated for the Gold Crown by the Columbia Scholastic Press Association (CSPA), Fries, King, Peterson and Mueller will be presenting workshops during the convention. Throughout their stay, the editors will also spend two days touring Manhattan.

While at the CSPA Spring Convention, editors will be attending classes and workshops relating to journalism and school run newspapers. At the end of the Spring Convention, The Feather staff will attend the 2015 Online Digital Crown Awards ceremony, in which they will receive either a Silver or Gold crown.

After arriving in New York around, 7:30 p.m., the staff departed from the JFK airport and headed towards their home for the next week, the Hotel Edison.

Upon arrival students dropped off their luggage and headed to Juniors for a late dinner and then traveled to the subway to buy their metro passes for the week.

Students then took a quick tour of Times Square and headed back to their hotel, to work on articles, and to get some much needed rest.

EDITORS NOTE: Stay tuned for daily updates including slideshows and videos as FC hits NY.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @rynnking_.

For more news, read the March 13 article, Blood Drive honors FC alumna currently in recovery.