• FCHS Cheer Tryouts - April 18-20
  • Boys Volleyball Senior Night - 4/18

Homecoming activities highlight week

The week of Homecoming bursts with pageantry and bustles with activity. This year promises to be no different, as campus students are gearing up for one of the year’s most anticipated events.

“I really looking forward to Homecoming,” Peter Ocheltree, ’07, said. “Everyone is so excited and pumped up, and school spirit is everywhere.”

The campus student leadership class heads up the weeklong revelry, as they plan crowd-pleasing events designed to boost school spirit. This year’s board game theme focuses student interest on traditional family recreational activities.

“The activities of Homecoming week promote our school spirit,” Ericlee Gilmore, student leadership adviser, said. “They make the week special, and set it apart form all other weeks. Also, it provides a challenge for student leadership, testing their responsibility levels.”

Leadership members believe hard work not only provides fun for the student body, but also solidifies bonds within the class.

“The challenge of Homecoming really motivates our class,” Carson Belmont, ’05, student body vice president, said. “Our class has come up with some really good ideas, and we are making constant progress.”

Homecoming week will be from Sept. 29-Oct. 3. Leadership has planned events for each day.

On Sept. 29, the dress code will be loosened to permit student to wear pajama pants and slippers.

Everyone will be seeing double Sept. 30, as students pair up and dress alike for twin day. Student leadership will also be providing a Full’O’Bull tri-tip sandwich lunch.

Oct. 1 will be camouflaged themed in preparation for the annual Night Rally, to be held from 7-9 P.M. at Woodward Park. A barbeque lunch will be offered during the day. For $4.00, students can purchase a burger, chips, and a beverage.

Queen candidates will face-off during the Royal Rumble on Oct. 2. The student body, dressed as video and board game characters, will vote during lunch to elect their queen.

On Oct. 3, King candidates will perform in the King Pageant. Student wishing to help judge the competition can sign up in the office. The annual games will feature Coast Union with the JV beginning at 5:30 P.M. and the varsity will start at 7:30 P.M.

For more information on Homecoming, watch the announcements in The Feather or in the News Briefs section.