• 3/20- Econ Fair @ lunch
  • 41st Annual FCS Auction begins online March 8-13
  • 3/22 - High School Spring Formal

Offense buoyed by balanced attack

After a bye week and memories of their Homecoming loss to Coast Union on Oct. 7 fading, the Eagles continued their domination over Central Sierra League [CSL] opponents with a 20-7 road victory against Farmersville on Oct. 17.

The Eagles offensive attack was once again led by quarterback Seth Fisher, ’04, who passed and ran for two touchdowns to give the Eagles the early lead.

“Offensively, Seth had his best passing game of the season,” head coach Jon Hall said. “Carson Belmont [’05] and Justin Shanen [’04] both had big games receiving and our running backs all contributed. It was a very well-rounded offensive game plan and attack.”

The defense also contributed, holding Farmersville to 81 total yards.

“It was another strong game for our defense,” Hall said. “Linebacker Rene Charest [’04] was back after his injury and had a great game at linebacker for us.”

Fisher jumpstarted the Eagles offense with a 20-yard touchdown pass to Tyler Wiebe, ’04, at the beginning of the second quarter and Charest lengthened it with a 19-yard touchdown run as time was winding down in the first half.

“It felt great to finally get to play again after missing so much time with my injury,” Charest said. “I had an OK game and I’m really happy that we got another win and I was able to contribute.”

The Eagles next host Riverdale at Clark Stadium on Oct. 24, with varsity starting at 7:30 P.M. Football is now 4-2 overall and 3-1 in the CSL.

Student leadership is also sponsoring Kid’s Karnival for FCS elementary students that will feature a bounce house, games and food. The carnival and junior varsity game will both begin at 5:30 P.M.