Punk band rocks Savemart Center

Crowd surfers and thousands of raised hands were all that could be seen from the floor view of the Nov. 23 Good Charlotte concert at the Savemart Center. Sweating bodies slamming continuously into each other was part of the appeal of the night’s event.

Eve 6 and Goldfinger were the crowd warmers, but the real entertainment began when the five small town boys stepped onto the stage.

“The noise of the crowd was outrageous when they came onto the stage,” Steven Arroyo, ’05, said. “Everyone started to get really crazy; it will be a night I’ll never forget.”

The flashing lights and loud beat pulsated through everyone’s chest, making the crowd truly feel like part of the music.

“It was fun to go to the concert and stand in the middle of the crazy crowd,” Jordan Griffin, ’04, said. “We were under the speakers so we could definitely feel the music.”

Throughout the concert the band had many encouraging words for the crowd about hanging in there and encouraging each other. They followed these words with a song called “Hold On.”

“I really liked that song because it sounded like they really mean what they’re saying,” Joelle Grimes, ’06, said. “The crowd really responded to what they had to say.”

One of the most memorable times during the concert was when they called for everyone to pull out their lighters or cell phones while they played an acoustic song called “Dear Dad” from their latest CD “The Young and the Hopeless.”

“I was really excited when they played “Dear Dad” because their acoustic songs are some of my favorites,” Sarah Fisher, ’06, said. “When I looked back into the crowd it looked like thousands of fireflies, the concert was truly a magical experience.”

For more information about the Savemart Center and upcoming concerts, parents and students can go to www.fresnostate.theinsiders.com. For more information on Good Charlotte, parents and students can go to www.Goodcharlotte.com.