• 3/20- Econ Fair @ lunch
  • 41st Annual FCS Auction begins online March 8-13
  • 3/22 - High School Spring Formal

Events planned for mid-January

The frost of morning sits on windshields and the spirit of Christmas can be felt in the air.
Christmas vacation is days away and many students are itching for some time away from school. Leadership is currently planning events for the student body they hope will add fun and excitement to students’ lives.

“We have been planning tons of events lately,” Carson Belmont, ’05, said. “It takes a lot of work, but it will all pay off when they finally take place.”

One of the events in progress is the basketball game in Caruthers scheduled for Jan. 9. For $10, students will be provided with a bus ride to and from the game, and a ticket to see Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King at Edwards with the rest of the participating campus students.

“I have been working hard to plan the trip to Edwards,” Michelle Nactigall, ’04, said. “I am really excited to see the movie, it should be fun because we are renting out the whole theater.”

Another up-coming event is the trip to Cal Skate. After the Jan. 30 home game, students will meet at Cal Skate for a night of fun. The cost is $7 in advance and $10 at the door, and any student sporting the Nut House shirt will receive a free soda.

“The skating night sounds like it will be a lot of fun,” Sarah Fisher, ’06, said. “I had a blast skating at Sadie Hawkins so I imagine it will be along the same lines.”

Night of the Stars is one of the most highly anticipated events of the year and student leadership has already been planning months in advance.

“I can’t wait for Night of the stars this year,” Joelle Grimes, ’06, said. “I had so much fun last year and I’m excited to see the movies the classes put out.”

Night of the Stars will be taking place on Feb. 28 at Tower Theatre. Tickets will be going on sale in mid. January.

For more information about upcoming events, parents and students can visit the online calendar at www.fresnochristian.com.