Finals week signals Christmas vacation

The end of the semester brings promises of cooler weather, holidays and students frantically studying for finals. As the need for studying increases, students worry about the homework teachers gave before finals.

“I was very overwhelmed,” Annie Spees, ’07, said. “All of the homework the teachers had put into these last few weeks had taken away from the quality time I spend with my family.”

Freshmen may be new to all of the finals, but the upper classmen are acquainted with the stress that comes at this time.

“I usually spent two hours on my homework,” Kaley Hearnsberger, ’06, said. “When finals came, I needed to spend two more hours studying for them.”

Teachers did what they could to help students study for the finals as they handed out packets and gave students lists of what they needed to know in order to obtain a passing grade.

“I used one class period to go over everything on the test,” Molly Sargent, English teacher said. “I gave as much as I could without giving them the answers.”

Teachers did what they could to help the students feel confident in their tests.

“I am confident that they all did fine,” Sargent said. “We went over as much as they could and I think the students will pleased with the outcome.”

Despite the teacher’s faith in the students, they still have to wait for the outcome of the finals as they live for Christmas break.

“I was having panic attacks,” Paul Kinnear, ’06, said. “I was stressed out with all of the homework and studying that I had to cram into each night.”

The end of the semester ended on Dec. 19 with a half day. School will resume on Jan. 5.