Sadies promises fun, entertainment

The girl glances at the clock as it blinks 10 P.M. She fidgets nervously as ideas fly through her mind. Too cheesy, too forward, too nerve-wracking ? none of the ideas seem to fit. Finally, with the choice made, she stands fidgeting in the halls the next morning, waiting to put her plan into action.

As Sadie Hawkins approaches, girls assume their male counterpart?s role as they dream up the perfect way to ask that special guy to the big event. Tickets for the Sadies Road Rules trip went on sale for $75 per couple on April 2. The event will take place on April 16.

?I enjoy Sadies because it gives girls a small glimpse into how we, as guys, feel,? Brad Smittcamp, ?06, said. ?Being nervous and having to muster up the courage to ask her out is not an easy task.?

This year Sadie Hawkins will be taking place at various different places around town. The theme of Sadie Hawkins for the 2004/2005 school years is ?Road Rules?, a traveling evening beginning with Laser Quest laser tag, then heading over to Sierra Lanes for some good old fashioned bowling.

The pairs will also be taken to Boomers Entertainment Center, then off to a highly anticipated ?mystery spot?. To wrap up the evening, the duos will come back to Ground Zero for some more fun and fellowship.

?I am really thrilled about Sadies this year,? Taryn Brown, ?08, said. ?Road Rules sounds like so much fun and I can not wait to spend a fun-filled night with my date!?

Leadership on campus has spent weeks working to put the night together and to make sure that all the activities will run smoothly and effectively.

As a class, they came up with the theme and put it into motion. The students took control of the whole event with the help of leadership advisors Josh Tosland and Ericlee Gilmore

?Sadie Hawkins is an entire student body, school-sponsored event,? Gilmore said. ?It has the three main elements of fun events: fellowship, fun, and memories. Why would anyone not want to go??

Students attending Sadies will meet in Ground Zero at 4:45 P.M. for pictures on April 16. For more information contact Gilmore at [email protected] or the high school office at 299-1695, ext. 5.