Formal Night returns to campus

Palms sweaty and his mind whirling at a dizzying pace, a nervous student treads slowly through the halls, desperately trying to calm his nerves.

The young man walks into the classroom, afraid of rejection. With a final deep breath, he bends down on one knee in front of his potential date and asks, “Will you go to Night of the Stars with me?”

This scenario has played itself out many times as campus students prepare for Night of the Stars, to be held March 6 in Ground Zero. Dinner will be served, followed by class movie premieres and an award presentation.

“I was really nervous about what I should say,” Jeremy Ramos,’07, said. ” I asked Ashley Davis [’07] at a rally and I had to wait for two hours for her response, but luckily she said, ?yes.'”

After a one year hiatus at the Tower Theater, the event has been returned to campus.

“I really liked having formal at Tower last year,” Kim Bimat, ’06, said. “Last year’s event was really fun, but I’m sure this year will be fun too.”

This year student leadership was not able to rent out the Tower Theater.

“Even though formal is not at Tower it will be lots of fun,” Josh Tosland, leadership adviser, said. “I encourage lots of students to come.”

Potential Night of the Stars attendees who are not campus students must be interviewed and approved by an administrator.

The doors will open at 5 P.M. and dinner will be served at 7 P.M. The last day to purchase tickets was Feb. 20. The cost was $30 per person or $60 per couple. For further information contact the high school office at 299-1695, ext 5.