Annual ‘Night of the Stars’ draws campus to elegant venue

20150328-fc-nots-017
[/media-credit] FC’s annual formal event, Night of the Stars, took place on the evening of March 28.

With the second semester well underway, FC’s most anticipated event, Night of the Stars (NOTS), took place March 28. The event took place at a new location, Wolf Lakes, in the flower garden venue. The venue overlooked the lake and was surrounded by various gardens.

Students were scheduled to arrive 5:30 p.m. for photos taken by Milne. While waiting for dinner to be served, students went on boat rides, took pictures with friends in the photo booth and enjoyed various drinks and snacks whilst mingling with their peers.

Steak, potatoes and various vegetables were served buffet style beginning at 7:00 p.m. The movies were shown at 8:00 and ended around 9:00. The award ceremony took place immediately after the movies and ended at 9:45.

The freshmen decided to film a quick 45 second trailer of the Karate Kid. The sophomores banned together to film Kicking and Screaming, while the juniors created a mashup of Jimmy Fallon and other comedic shows. The senior class worked tirelessly on their 45 minute film of Back to the Future, which won 7 of the 10 awards.

I think NOTS went exceptionally well. Wolf lakes was beautiful, everything went great, the weather was beautiful and everything turned out great. We are going to have NOTS again at wolf lakes, we would like to change from the garden to the lakeside. We will have to change the date to later in April. The only thing I would change is the date to later in April, which we will do next year. — Vickey Belmont

Sophomore Summer McGrew chose not to attend formal but looks forward to Sadies on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

“I didn’t go to NOTS because I didn’t want to and nobody asked me,” McGrew said. “I probably won’t go next year because I don’t think I’m going to Fresno Christian. Im going to Sadies because I’m asking someone next week and I’m really excited about the location.”

Leadership advisor Vickey Belmont enjoyed to the venue and has already begun to plan for next years event.

“I think NOTS went exceptionally well,” Belmont said. “Wolf lakes was beautiful, everything went great, the weather was beautiful and everything turned out great. We are going to have NOTS again at wolf lakes, we would like to change from the garden to the lakeside. We will have to change the date to later in April. The only thing I would change is the date to later in April, which we will do next year.”

20150328-fc-nots-014
[/media-credit] In a break from tradition, the venue was changed to Wolfe Lakes. The new setup allowed for new additions, such as a boat ride around the lake.

Morgan Koop, ’16, enjoyed the venue change, but wished there was more seating space available.

“I went with my friends and I really enjoyed it,” Koop said. “I liked the new venue and my favorite part would have to be the boat ride. The only thing I would change for next year would be to do the lakeside spot because there was more seating space. I like Wolf Lakes better than the Grand because it felt more open. It was very spacious and had more places to walk around.”

Kayla Camini, a former FC student, now attending Clovis North, was grateful to be invited to attend NOTS.

“Since I transferred to Clovis North I was a little disappointed I couldn’t go to NOTS anymore,” Camini said. “I had waited since seventh grade to go; I was asked by Matthew Tanaka and I had a very fun time. The best part for me was the photo booth because the pictures were a nice take home item. The event was kind of different because we didn’t dance but the movies were a really cool alternative. Afterwards, the group I went with, went bowling and that was a fun thing to do to end the night.”

For more about NOTS, read Search BREAKING: Changes made to traditional NOTS event.