Leadership plans next campus events

Tuxes and formals are no longer clouding the minds of the students; Night of the Stars [NOTS] has come and passed with the anticipation of more events to come. Sadie Hawkins is rapidly approaching as well as other upcoming events in the second semester.

Night of the Stars, according to students, is one of the most highly anticipated events of the year with Sadies running a close second. Student leadership [SL] has been planning both of these events for months in advance.

“I was so excited for NOTS because it was so much fun last year,” Tara Thompson, ’04, said. “And, since it’s my senior year, I wanted it to be extra special because it was my last formal and I realized that high school is almost over.”

Night of the Stars was held in Ground Zero on Mar. 6, with a dinner, the class movies and an academy awards ceremony.

Now that NOTS is over, it is time for the students to switch gears and prepare for brave girls, matching outfits at the annual Sadie Hawkins.

“SL is really excited for Sadies this year,” Micah Walker, ’05, said. “We have a couple great ideas floating around and it’s just a matter of working out the finer details now.”

Last year Sadies took place at the Stevenson’s farm and continued at Cal Skate. This year SL is trying to make it fresh and knew, something that they’ve never done before.

“I hope this year Sadies will be fun and original,” Carson Belmont, ’05, said. “It was fun last year, but it’s always good to mix things up.”

Sadies will be taking place on April 17, but the location and the price are yet to be announced.

Student leadership will be hosting a spring sports rally on March 31; crazy games and class competitions can be expected. SL is also trying a new fundraiser out at lunchtime. Students can bring their money and purchase ice cream and Popsicles from the big freezer during lunch.

For more information about upcoming events, parents and students can visit the online calendar at www.fresnochristian.com or call the high school office at 299-1695, ext. 5.