His utmost for us

I went to The Passion Of The Christ, expecting to cry my eyes out. I was ready with my tissues and thought that I was well prepared but I was wrong.

The heart-wrenching cruelty that was displayed was almost unbearable to watch. The hardened hearts and hatred toward Jesus would bring anyone to tears.

Shortly after the lights dimmed I ran out of tissue and tried to keep from crying as much as possible. Yet the realization of the harshness Jesus endured for me was unavoidable.

Watching Jesus as He was chained down to a wooden post and whipped really saddened me. It was awful to watch the men slowly killing Him. They put him through the most painful death in the history of the world.

No man in the history of the world ever experienced such punishment simply because He taught God’s truth and told of an everlasting life full of joy and eternal peace. People were threatened by Jesus’ words that confused and condemned them.

I am glad that a big name like Mel Gibson took a stand in the secular world of Hollywood. He was brave enough to say that there is more to life, than money, fame and success.

I am also glad that Jesus endured such torture for not only my sins, but the sins of all the world.

After seeing the movie, The Passion of The Christ, and witnessing the pain and suffering that Jesus went through for me, I will never think of the crucifixion story in the same way again.