Local band rocks Kuppajoe

After a lack-luster performance by Cardiac Jacket and Rilian, Until April approached the Kuppajoe stage while the roar of their groupies proclaimed love for the band on March 12.

While many of the fans anticipated Until April’s appearance, they found the performances preceding them to be long, drawn out and not entertaining.

“It was a good time to draw during the boring bands,” Shawn Cason, ’04, said. “But once Until April came out they rocked the house for sure.”

Many felt that after attending Until April’s first show earlier this year they were even better this time.

“I have been to one of UA’s other shows and this one was even better,” Madeline Ervin, ’04, said. “Besides doing their own songs they also did a version of Get it Faster by Jimmy Eat World. They did it really well; they rocked my socks off.”

The version of Get it Faster was loved by most all of the crowd and drew stragglers from outside the venue.

“It was really cool when they did the Jimmy Eat World song,” Chris Burford, ’04, said. “It was funny the way all the people outside seemed to come inside when they recognized the lyrics. It was a great way to get attention and draw in the crowd.”

The band also gave out their CD’s and guitar picks during and prior to the show.

“My friend was really excited when they threw their CD into the crowd and she caught it,” Amanda Quist, ’04, said. “She had been waiting to get their demo and now she got it for free.”

Many on campus students came to support their friend Randy Hill while his band played but also many came from church to support fellow members such as Sean Munoz, lead vocals and guitar, Austin Guinn, drums, and Dave Franz on the bass.

If you are interested in catching Until April’s next show, they will be appearing at Campus Baptist Church on March 20 at 6 P.M. For more information contact Hill on campus.