BRIEF: Vision night to update FC families, Sept. 22

[/media-credit] Superintendent Jeremy Brown talks to parents/community members during FC Vision Night, Sept. 22.

With his second year at FCS already underway, Superintendent Jeremy Brown looks forward to continuing to see the student body grow in their relationship with Christ.

Brown will be sharing his vision for Fresno Christian Schools with the parents of the students in the Peoples Church Student Ministries Building, Sept. 22, from 6:30-8 p.m. Brown will be informing parents about the recent changes and building improvements that have been made to the school as well as telling parents and supporters his goals for the students this year.

The name of the campaign will be “Building our Tomorrows Today.” Brown wants parents to know that they can be a part of the vision for our school, too.

“I don’t want Fresno Christian just to be a place where parents just send their kids. I want this to be a place where they can incorporate their life and their walk,” Brown said. “Having one hundred different churches funnel into our school (meaning students from one hundred churches attend FC) gives us a unique atmosphere. There is no other place that I know where one hundred different churches are represented. I want to share where I believe God is leading our school. I want to listen to their voice (the parents) on things because this is their vision, too.”

20150922-vision-night-013
[/media-credit] Brown explained his three phase plan in detail, including a 3.9M addition to the gym, Sept. 22.

Brown will also be updating the parents on the recent changes that have been made to the school facility.

“We are currently working with an architectural firm. We are working with the church to add a playground behind Building 5. That’s one thing that hopefully by the new year you will be able to see some construction (on the playground),” Brown said. “We are looking to improve some of the quad area where the students hang out. We will try to change things so it is a little more friendly for students. We will also continue to work on the classrooms with new accordion doors, ceiling tiles, furniture and other things like that.”

The FC Vision Night will be held Sept. 22 in the Student Ministries Center at Peoples Church from 6:30-8 p.m. The school projects that the assembly will be about an hour and a half long and are estimating around 100 parents will attend. There will also be a time for parents to listen to Brown and be able to give him feedback.

This writer can be reached via Twitter: @fikse24 and via email: Mariana Fikse.