Battle of Bands attracts large crowd

Loud music pulsated through the gym as each band strove to perform their best in order to win cash prize. The Battle of the Bands took place at Campus Baptist Church on March 20.

Five bands from the Fresno area, Unitl April, Blood From A Stone, Morning View, Rillian and Ugly Man, came and presented their music.

Live music, a skate park and a free barbeque were included in the night of festivities that carried an $8 fee.

The bands won an ivitation to the event after having their demos approved by the junior high and high school youth directors of Campus Baptist Church, David Akina and Benjamin Dhillon.

“It was a fun process to pick and choose the bands to select,” Akina said. “We selected five and the night was a really fun time; the kids came and enjoyed themselves while supporting their friends who performed.”

Campus student Randy Hill, ’04, lead guitarist of Until April, was one of many who competed and hoped his band would win the prize.

“Our band had been practicing a lot, and I really thought that we had a good shot at winning,” Hill said. “I mean, I knew we were the cutest ones there so I was sure that all the rest would just follow.”

This positive attitude helped Hill and his band bring home the cash prize of $200.

“The night was full of adrenaline,” Akina said. “The Lord really blessed us with the flow and ease of the night as well as the interest of all the students who attended.”

For more information on Campus Baptist Church, contact Akina, or visit online at www.campusbaptistchurch.com.