Jazz band to host dessert concert

Scrumptious desserts line rows of tables and buyers peruse the wares, jotting down their names as they vie for tantalizing delicacies. Jazz, swing and big band music fills the room as the campus jazz band showcases their skills.

The jazz band will be performing in its annual Jazz Band Dessert Auction in Ground Zero at 6:30 P.M. on April 15.

“The jazz band concert is always a fun time,” Paul McEntee, band director, said. “The money we make allows us to keep our equipment in good condition and to buy new instruments when they are needed. It’s our one big fundraiser for the year.”

The auction’s proceeds provide funding for the Band Boosters organization. Band Booster’s money enables the band to purchase new instruments and pay for activities.

Students see the concert as a way to show off their talents for family and friends.

“The concert is usually fun,” Ben Daniels, ’04, said. “It’s one of the only times that the jazz band is the only group performing and we get to be the center of attention.”

The concert and auction will start at 6:30 P.M. with the auction continuing until around 7:00 P.M. Admission is free and attendees are encouraged to buy desserts provided by students.

For more information about the jazz band, contact the high school office at (559) 299-1695.