PSN supports A Christmas Story

As many families continue holiday tradition, the Parent Support Network hoped to carry on their own tradition by presenting, A Christmas Story, by the Good Company Theater for the main fundraiser of the year on Nov. 18.

PSN sold 85 tickets and earned $500 more than last year?s fundraiser. Sales totaled $1500, the raffles brought in $1000 and $500 came from ticket sales.

?Selling tickets to a play is a different and more fun family event to raise money for PSN,? Pam Lauber, the organizer of the event, said. ?Selling the tickets is the only fundraiser we do besides pizza lunches, which don?t bring in nearly as much cash.?

The money raised will go towards plaques for the awards ceremony at the end of the year. PSN also honors two students with scholarships.

?I think the play is a great idea to raise money,” Lauber said, “because it?s different from anything else the school does.?

The Good Company Players will also present A Christmas Story form until Dec. 23, at the Second Space Theater. Located at 928 E. Olive Ave, on Olive and Van Ness in Fresno Tower District.

?My family decided to go the play because we have never gone before,? Elizabeth Grossman, 10, said. ?We thought it would make an enjoyable holiday experience. My entire family including my parents and younger brother and sister went.?

To reserve tickets contact Yoko Kilbourne by calling 559-299-1695 ext. 128. For more information contact the call the Good Company Players at (559)266-0660, or call Lauber at (559)906-0038.