Magic Mountain anticipated

Students stand in line for countless hours to ride Goliath, a rollercoaster with a drop 225 feet reaching a speed of 85 miles per-hour.

“I am excited about going to Magic Mountain,” Kim Bimat, ’06, said. “The chance for our whole school to go on a trip for a whole day is a cool experience.”

Freshman through junior classes will be visiting Six Flags Magic Mountain on May 11.

“I cannot believe that the whole school can attend this trip,” Brennan Gust, ’05, said. “Coming from Buchannan, the school would never be able to put on a trip like this. Now, being here at FC the school has so much more privileges and the students get to do things they thoroughly enjoy.”

This event has been a school tradition to unite the underclassmen while the seniors are on their senior trip.

“This event was planned when the seniors were on their senior trip,” Josh Tosland, student leadership advisor, said. “Going to Six Flags will be a fun event for the underclassmen and it will help them bond more together.”

In 2002 campus students attended Six Flags on the annual school-sponsored trip. However, in 2003, student leadership failed to plan a trip on time, leaving the school unable to attend.

“This trip is going to be great,” Lindsey Martens, ’05 said. “I went my freshman year and I had such a good time. I was so upset that we did not go my sophomore year, and this time I can only hope that it will be just as much fun as before if not more!”

The trip costs $40 that includes bus fair and entrance fee. The deadline for paying the fee is April 29. Students who choose not to attend this event must still attend school.

For more information contact Tosland, Eunie McEntee, or Ericlee Gilmore. Tickets are on sale during lunch time and there is limited seating.