Spirit Week inspires

Crazy sock day, hat day and all white day are some of the themes for Spirit Week on May 3-7. The week is organized by student leadership to promote school spirit for the end of the year.

“I’m so happy that school is almost out,” Jordon Hogue, ’06, said. ” I really enjoy Spirit Week because it has always been fun; I can’t wait to do it again this year.”

With final schedule only 10 days away, Spirit Week begins with campus students wearing their most crazy socks. Those who participate will receive Popsicles at lunch courtesy of students leadership.

“If everyone at school gets into it and has fun with what is planned, it could be a crazy fun week,” Carina Moran, ’05, said. “Hopefully everyone can just have fun with it and not complain.”

Students will be able to wear flip-flops, boardshorts and hats for beach-wear day on May 4. Also, All Student Body [ASB] Election speeches will be presented in Ground Zero from 11:15 A.M. to11:55 A.M. Students will vote at lunch for their 2004-’05 representatives from 11:55 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.

“I’m running for ASB president because I feel like I can make a difference in our school,” Carson Belmont, ’05, said. ” I enjoy our class, and I’m looking forward to competing with other ASB candidates.”

California Scholastic Federation [CSF] will serve Cinco de Mayo, a Hispanic-styled lunch that will cost $4 on May 5. Field day activites will be held on the east side of the gym at 11:15. Lunch will begin from 12 P.M. to 12:30 P.M. On this day students will be able to wear hats.

Students will be wearing school colors, and worship will be held in chapel on May 6.

The Pretty Pink Princesses will take on Big Blue Boys on May 7. In this annual event the varsity girls’ volleyball team challenges the varsity football team to a game of volleyball. On this day girls should wear pink and the boys will be able to wear blue.

“I can’t wait until we play against the Big Blue Boys,” Kassy Batesole, ’06, said. ” Last year we beat them, and hopefully this year we will too.”