World of Sports: Royals emerge as new MLB champions

20151110-fc-royals-001
[/media-credit] Although they suffered a painful loss in the 2014 World Series, the Royals are on the road to recovery.

“And that’s the game! The San Francisco Giants are your new world champions. The Giants have defeated the Kansas City Royals, 3-2 in Game 7 of the World Series.”

The 2014 World Series left Royals fans with broken hearts, disappointment, and uncertainty. Months after the heartbreaking loss, many did not know how the Royals would handle the situation.

They could either dwell in the past, or learn from their mistakes and rebuild for the next year; and that is exactly what they did. With the new acquisitions of Edinson Volquez and Alex Rios, the Royals finished with a record of, 95-67 and finished in 1st place in the AL Central. Entering the playoffs as a top seed, the Royals were seeking for their second championship title.

Their first test came in the ALDS, when the Royals took on the Houston Astros. In a best-of-five series, the Royals defeated the Astros, 3-2. Their next game was against the Toronto Blue Jays in a best-of-seven series. With a 4-2 win, the Royals advanced to the World Series, hoping to avoid a similar ending to last year’s series.

The Royals showed great determination and were able to perfect their positions, which helped pave the road towards their second championship. A great life lesson can be learned from these events. Do not let your short comings or struggles determine your future. Learn from your mistakes, perfect them and look forward to what tomorrow holds. — Nick Leblanc

The Royals would ultimately play the New York Mets in the 2015 World Series. The Mets came into the World Series with a record of, 90-72 and finished in 1 place in the NL East. With a, 2-1 lead, the Royals closed out the World Series on the road with two consecutive wins, winning their second championship in franchise history. Royals catcher, Salvador Perez was named 2015 World Series MVP, making him the first catcher to win MVP since Pat Borders in 1992.

The Royals showed great determination and were able to perfect their positions, which helped pave the road towards their second championship. A great life lesson can be learned from these events. Do not let your short comings or struggles determine your future. Learn from your mistakes, perfect them and look forward to what tomorrow holds. Holding on to your mistakes will cause you to miss the blessings that come your way. The Royals did exactly this and in the end were rewarded.

8776901998_c8d8b17ef7_k
[/media-credit] Due to fierce determination, the Royals have revived their rankings and are making a comeback.

The city of Kansas City has a population of nearly 500,000 people, but the streets of downtown Kansas City were packed with nearly 800,000 people, who were in attendance for the Kansas City parade. With schools and businesses closed, it was an event that the people of Kansas City had never seen before. In a sea of blue with fans decked out with face paint and wearing all sorts of attire, this will be a memory any Royals fan will remember.

For more stats and scores, visit SB Nation.

For last weeks sports column, read World of Sports: 70th NBA season underway.