LETTER: Get involved in FC homecoming next year

Dear editor:

The FC homecoming experience is terribly difficult to describe due to the amount of things that go on with the floats and also with being on the court. But one thing is for sure, this homecoming week will never be forgotten. 

[/media-credit] This Letter to the Editor is written by guest writer Jacob Provost as a reaction to the Oct. 10 Feather article: Homecoming for Humanity: 33rd annual FC homecoming.

My experience being on the homecoming court was nerve wracking and tiring, but extremely fun. So much work went into getting up early for photo shoots and with the King’s dance practices early morning and after school. 

But I had the time of my life up on the stage during the royal battle as well as growing closer to the king candidates. I think of Roman, Tyler, Steven, and Wyatt not only as king candidates but as brothers.

To be nominated as King when I have only been at this school for a little over a year is so tough for me to comprehend how I got to this point. But I am very honored and blessed to be apart of this insane opportunity.

This school has been such a blessing to me just like presenting the opportunity of being on the homecoming court in addition to playing basketball. This experience changed my viewpoint of how I look at the king candidates this leads me to say. That I highly encourage anyone to participate in the FC homecoming court. 

This article is a response to the Oct. 10, “Homecoming for Humanity: 33rd annual FC homecoming” by The Feather staff. For another opinions article, read, COLUMN: Freshmen writer shares perspective on journalism. The latest Feather news is Fresno State to offer help with application process, Oct. 16

Guest post by senior Jacob Provost. He is in his second year at FC and is currently on student leadership.