Final Blog Post – Juliana Lozano

Farewell, book blogging!

It feels incredibly odd to be leaving book blogging behind. Over the past two years on The Feather, I was able to read and review 

[/media-credit] Juliana Lozano has blogged on The Feather for two years.

22 books while also writing articles on school events and managing high school life. Some of my absolute favorite books came from blogging here. Highlights include Salt to the Sea, Vengeance Road, and A List of Cages.

To learn how to write about something I loved in an objective sense and review them, the experience is unparalleled. This high school newspaper is something that can help grow a person in high school even more than classes themselves. I’m planning on joining a writing club or some other creative club to continue writing and reading in my free time while in college. I’ll miss the consistency of writing a blog and hopefully will find some way to fill that gap.

As a graduating senior, I am starting a new chapter in my life and leaving behind my high school newspaper. Now heading to UC Davis to major in Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior, there is a bright future ahead. There will always be new books to read, and reading will continue to be a big part of my life. Although most of my reading may consist of textbooks in the coming years, I will forever enjoy Harry Potter and contemporary novels about heroes and villains.

Thank you to all of the people who joined me on this journey of reading and writing, and I hope you enjoyed the reviews that littered the paper. I’m going to leave you with some final artsy thoughts. Turning the page into a new chapter seems scary at first, but beginning this new chapter means that growth will come out of it. Be proud of the old ones and look forward to the new ones, for they all have value in a life story.

If you wanna contact me (or talk about books) I can be reached on Twitter and via email.