’22-23 Homecoming Day Two recap

Students show their toes for dress-up day

Homecoming week continues as excitement grows among students and staff for the hectic, yet thrilling week. Leadership students work hard to accomplish a fun experience for all students, rallying school spirit. Each class receives spirit points based on their participation, while the grade with the most points wins a pizza party. This year’s theme is ‘Dreaming through the Decades!’ 

High school students arrived at school “letting the dogs out” for Toes-Day Tuesday, Sept. 20. Following the homecoming themes assigned by FC leadership, students wore sandals or open-toed shoes to show school spirit as well as compete against other classes. 

Natalie Sullivan, ‘25, is most excited for tomorrow’s mismatched day, which has been a common dress up day for homecoming weeks. 

“I am definitely most excited for Wacky Wednesday,” Sullivan said. “I am going all out!”

Students participated in a “let the dogs out” theme for Toes-Day Tuesday.

Each class earns points based on dress-up day participation. Today ended with the seniors in first place, having earned 200 points for the week so far. Juniors and sophomores are tied with 125 points, and freshmen fall behind with 50. Earn points for Wacky Wednesday tomorrow by dressing in a mismatched outfit or doing something crazy with your hair. 

Princess Pageant: Steal the Bacon

Today, princesses participated in Steal the Bacon. Two princesses ran across the slip-n-slide to see who could bring the tube back to the side they started on.The round one winner, Jordyn DeGroot, ‘26, and the round two winner, Zoe Blanchfield, ‘25, competed at the end of the winner’s bracket. DeGroot won the game as a whole. 

A loser bracket was then played. Sophia Adams, ‘24, went against Chloe Johnson, ‘25, coming out on top. Next, Natalya Mananian, ‘26, and Julia Castiglione, ‘25, faced each other, and Castiglione won the round. Serenity Cortez, ‘24, and Kemya Hopkins, ‘24, raced each other in the final round, with Cortez winning after a hard battle. 

Serenity Cortez, ’24, and Chloe Johnson, ’25, battle it out in a game of Steal the Bacon for the second princess pageant of the week.

Blanchfield participated in her second homecoming princess pageant of the week today. 

“They’ve been interesting, and today was really fun,” Blanchfield said. “We all got drenched and it was a good time because I almost won.”

Check back with The Feather tomorrow for the day 3 wrap-up! 

To read more from The Feather, go to Poverello House to receive homecoming donation or ’22-23 Homecoming Day One recap.

Created and edited by: Mason Petrie

Down below is a slideshow of Homecoming Day 2.