Valley Champs 2023

Girls Volleyball defeats Mammoth with a big win

The Fresno Christian girls volleyball team wins Valley Championships! The Eagles defeat the Huskies in CIF Central Valley Division IV championship at Mammoth High School, Nov. 2.

Mammoth’s gym was packed floor to ceiling with their high school’s band and fans. As the crowd grew louder and louder, the players couldn’t even hear their coach during huddles.

Eagles take on the first set, winning 25-13, hopeful to keep this energy throughout the rest of the game. FC loses the second and third set, but things pickup for the team in the fourth set, winning 25-19. A tie-breaker fifth set rolls in and brings the lady eagles the Valley Championship win, 17-15.

The game point went back and forth, keeping the game very close. Sophomore, Jordyn De Groot was the star of the game achieving 15 kills.

“I honestly just wanted to cry because we worked so hard to be there,” De Groot said, “We also had prepared in all the right ways so if we didn’t win it would feel wasted.”

This season is Steve Guglielmana‘s third year coaching volleyball at Fresno Christian.

Gugliamana said, “It is just a piece of wood. It can be your idol or it can be used to glorify God. What is more important, is the work and effort we put in to honor God and the results took care of themselves.”

For more Feather photos, visit The Feather media page.

For more articles, visit Wrap Up: Cross Country competes in League Championships or Gaming Review: Bloons tower defense 6

Below is a slideshow featuring photos from the game: