Wrap Up: Cross Country competes in League Championships

Varsity team runs home with medals
Natalie Garcia

The eagerly-awaited Northwest Sequoia League Championships Woodward Park 5K took place this Monday, November 6. This marked the culmination of the cross country team’s season-long dedication.

The boys group huddle and pray before their big run. (Natalie Garcia )

The students competed as a team, but in separate divisions for boys and girls. This meet included formidable opponents such as Yosemite, Caruthers, and Liberty – Madera Ranchos.

The race was held at Woodward Park, the premier cross country course in the state of California. The challenging course boasts hills, dirt and grass, which created an exhilarating atmosphere.

It’s worth noting that last year our girls secured a honorable second-place finish, falling short by just two points. This year, they have a promising chance to achieve the victory in the upcoming Valley Championships on November 16.

The scores of the top five runners were combined with their respective rankings, totaling their team scores. The boys’ team achieved a score of 66, where, like in golf, the objective is to attain the lowest score, and they secured third place.

The Varisty Girls pose with their race numbers. (Natalie Garcia)

Meanwhile, the girls’ team accumulated a total of 46 points, securing the second position.

The top 20 in each race were awarded medals and a total of eight Varsity Cross Country members received medals, comprising four girls and four boys.

Results and commendable times include:

Girls:

Boys:

We invite you to join us in supporting our team. Let’s cheer them on and celebrate their hard work and determination next Thursday at noon.

November 16 the Cross Country Team will compete at Woodward Park for the Valley Championships.

• Boys Race: 11:00 AM
  • Girls Race: 12:00 PM

To read more from The Feather visit: Rock climbing gym offers alternative student activity or Music Review: Olivia Rodrigo captivates audience with new album “GUTS”